Job Description: IT Project / Software Development Manager
Begin Your Future Today! If you are an IT Project or Software Development Manager and ready and energized to thrive in a new, exciting culture, this is an opportunity waiting for you, working there are no limits to your success!
Seeking an IT professional to fill an IT Project Manager position in the Independence, Ohio office. As a member of the IT management team, you will manage and administer the goals, objectives, and policies of Information Technology’s Application Development department. You will be responsible to direct and manage the software architecture and development, maintenance and support, and integration activities for a suite of in-house .NET Web applications and SaaS applications in support of our tax and audit services practice.
You will work through a consultative approach to create and deliver value propositions and solutions to our tax and audit services practice. You will leverage your experience to successfully envision and communicate solutions to our team and to our internal clients. You will be part of a team that is responsible for implementing a new time and billing system for our tax and audit services practice. We have a terrific office work environment and we also offer the opportunity to work from home part of the week.
• Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, operations and support of technology projects within budget guidelines. Provides management and leadership to software development and support staff.
• Overall management of department projects and programs. Manage software development and support staff to specific objectives.
• Directs, motivates, delegates and empowers staff in the successful performance of their tasks and responsibilities, while encouraging innovation and high levels of client satisfaction.
• Communicates department or functional results to corporate and IT management, organizational peers, and staff.
• Interaction with clients to successfully position IT in meeting business needs.
• Develop and maintain strong client relationships. Demonstrate an understanding of client’s business needs and issues.
• Participates in the development and implementation of quality improvement projects that enhance operational cost efficiency, employee productivity, and customer service.
• Oversee and control the integrity of policies, procedures and standards.
• College Degree or equivalent required.
• 10 years related experience.
• Must have experience managing staff, projects and/or processes. Experience with a variety of project management principles and development methodologies.
• Ability to develop leadership and subject matter expertise on key, complex projects and initiatives impacting the tax and audit services industry and the applicable industry regulations.
• Ability to manage a team of software engineers and developers.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel as required by business and on-call availability.